Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oh My Aching Back.

It's yard clean up and EarthBox planting time at my house.  This means multiple squats, frequent toe stretches in the kneeling position, raking and sweeping, pulling up the insidious Maple tree sprouts, and of course, lifting heavy bags of garden and tree debris!  I try to lift with my legs when moving pieces of the Earth but sometimes the bag is awkward so more of my back gets utilized than I desire.

But of course, (read with a French accent) the strength I've gained with the multiple sessions of pilates has saved my back more than once!  The imaginary corset is activated subconsciously now but it's taken a significant time commitment to get my core muscles to respond appropriately.

Pay attention to how your warm month activities are enhanced by having a stronger body.  Or, if you're not there yet physically, join me at the studio.  I'm certain Pilates will save your back!


P.S.  Thank goodness I don't have to use this plow!

No comments:

Post a Comment