Friday, May 24, 2013

After 1 Month of Intermittent Fasting - TRANSFORMATION PHOTOS

Ok, as promised here are some photos.  I'm in my undies so if you're offended by that kind of thing don't look ;)

You will notice a decrease in body fat but no reduction in muscle tissue. IF is muscle sparing and fat reducing.  I maybe lost 1 lb on the scale but mostly what you will see from these photos is a change in body composition.

Since starting IF I have noticed that I crave carbohydrates very infrequently.  I crave healthy fats and proteins more.  This is because IF switches the main fuel that your body runs on.  Instead of runnning on carbohydrates for fuel it trains the body to run on fats for fuel.  For more information about how that process works check out this article on Fat Adaptation.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-fat-adapted/#axzz2UDgFdPGw

I will continue doing IF as a lifestyle choice.  My digestion is better and I have a lot more energy!  Also, I have NOT increased my weekly amount of exercise.  I do about 3 hours a week of strength, HIIT, and core conditioning.  I've added in some longer walks because that is what my body feels like doing.  Will post photos at the 2 month mark to chart further changes :)

Before IF

Before IF

After 1 month of IF

After 1 month of IF

No comments:

Post a Comment