Friday, May 3, 2013

FAST your way to fat loss

This week I have been experimenting with IF or Intermittent Fasting.  Basically you eat all of your calories in an 8 hour window and then fast for 16.  So, if you finished eating dinner at 8pm you wouldn't eat until the following day at noon.  Basically you skip breakfast.  When you go without food for long enough (about 12-13hrs) your body goes into a state of energy burning called Ketosis.  This is a state where your body burns fat for fuel instead of glucose.  Doing this diet you will lose fat while sparing muscle tissue.  Another component  of this diet is to train in a fasted state to maximize muscular gain.

So far I've had good results in that I've noticed fat loss in my waist and butt!  I have not increased my workouts at all.  My current workout schedule is 3-5 hrs per week.  Some days I have gone 16 hrs and some days I only made it 13 without eating.  The first few days were rough because I was hungry ALL THE TIME!  That has calmed down and now my stomach feels a bit confused and lost. Apparently it takes a few week to acclimate to this style of eating.  Next week I will post pics.
Stay tuned!

http://www.theiflife.com/intermittent-fasting-101-how-to-start-part-i/

No comments:

Post a Comment