Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oh My Aching Back, part III

I think (hope) this will be the last installment in this series, although I will be doing some heavy gardening this weekend:)

I drove to Ann Arbor, MI this past weekend to visit some friends.  Four and a half hours later we disembark. Amazingly, my back isn't as stiff or as sore as it would have been in the past.  During the drive I shifted in the seat frequently, I did a number of pelvic tilts/pelvic clocks, and I tried to maintain pelvic neutral when just sitting.  Car seats, as you know, are not made for the pelvic neutral position.

I think the pelvic neutral work helped me the most and my muscles did not fatigue!  I owe this fact to the pilates I get to do every week for a minimum of three sessions.  Pilates has contributed to my body awareness and the endurance of my core muscles.  Allison blogged about Pilates and car rides on November 20, 2012 so check her post for more details.

Bottom line:  Pilates works when practiced frequently.  Come join me at the studio and experience it for yourself!!

depositphotos.com


No comments:

Post a Comment