Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Take me out to the ball game!

I went to the White Sox game on Saturday.  Nice day, not too chilly, and I soaked up a little Vitamin D sitting on the third base side of the park.  I walked into the park ready for lunch which is not a good thing.  It's akin to going to the grocery store before dinner!

I decided to use my search for healthy ball park food as the fodder for this post.  Well, healthy and ball park food is an oxymoron.  It really isn't possible to eat well and watch the game.  The best I could find was the soft pretzel (~450 cal), the veggie burger (~200 cal without bun), or the red ropes (~200 cal).  My suggestion is when you go to the game either don't worry about what you're consuming for that event or eat before you go and a money saving tip: take a bottle with you to refill with water.

As summer approaches you will likely have more opportunity to eat ball park-like food at family gatherings or backyard bar-b-ques.  Keep your commitment to your health by coming to pilates and you won't have to worry about consuming the usual party fare that's available.

Go, go, go, go White Sox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment