Monday, April 8, 2013

Conquer your burnout!



I recently read an article from the Huffington Post about the experience of burnout and felt that it really hit home for me personally.  In my former career as a nonprofit fundraiser, I felt overworked, unmotivated, and exhausted for so long that I started to loose interest in not only my job, but also in the things outside of work that usually kept me happy.  Sound familiar?  It even got to the point that I started to have chronic lower back pain that was basically with me at all times, but got particularly worse when I was in the office.

10 Signs You're Burnt Out

How did I get rid of the burnout?  I got fed up with being in constant pain, being exhausted, and being cranky all the time.  I started taking Pilates and began to get rid of my back pain and to take time for myself.  In fact I was so excited by the results that I trained to be an instructor and left the job that burned me out!  I call that a win-win!

If you're experiencing signs of burnout stop by the studio and take some time for yourself.  Meditate while on the reformer.  Jump out your frustration in Cardio-Sculpt, Cardio-Reformer, or Jumpboard class.  Conquer your burnout!

No comments:

Post a Comment