Monday, August 12, 2013

Hurry up? Or slow down?


Many friends of mine recently shared this article about two words you should stop telling your kids. "Hurry up!" It's a good article and it made me want to change. 


If you look around, everyone is always in a hurry. I was on a run yesterday and three different people saw me coming, looked me in the eye and took off or turned right in front of me barely even stopping at their stop sign or signal. Really? 

This made me think. How often are we all rushing to our workouts and running out before the class is barely over to make it to our next event on the schedule? I'm guilty! Or going through the exercises too fast to possibly even be getting the correct muscle activation? 

I am going to focus more on the QUALITY of my Pilates practice. Technique. Breathing. RELAXING. Too often we think MORE, MORE, MORE. Harder and faster does not = better. 

I'm excited to slow down a little and enjoy the process! We all have something to learn, no matter how long we've been teaching or practicing!

Enjoy the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment