Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The ultimate massage tool?

I write this while sitting with a Lacrosse ball nestled under my left hamstring...yowza.  Although I know very little about the sport, I am in serious like with this little hard rubber ball.  One of my clients mentioned that her sports doc recommended it as a self massage tool instead of a tennis ball  which I have used before (if a lacrosse ball met a tennis ball in a dark alley, take a guess who would win).

Think of it as an uber-mini-more-targeted-foam roller.  Great release for hamstrings, piriformis, IT band, upper back, calf...basically any muscle or soft tissue that you can rest the ball under and apply pressure.

$1.99 at Sports Authority on Clark Street today. 

http://www.triggerpointbook.com/lacrosseballs.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment