Saturday, June 1, 2013

If it's sweet, it's not poisonous - but is it good for you?

I have been reading a lot about foods lately. Not so much for myself at first - I have three kids and want them to have healthy habits - but of course I use the info on me. 

So one thing I have learned that there is no plant found in nature that tastes sweet and is poisonous. So evolution has taught us that craving sweet things is good for us. 

Not so much in modern society!  So much of our prepared and processed food has various added sweeteners that we have become physically addicted. 

So I gave up all sugar/flour/grain for a week. So painful for the first few days, I felt literally sick, but so worth it!  Not only has the energy come back, I've list the cravings - and a couple of pounds!

It's worth a try - give it a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment