Monday, September 30, 2013

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho



I forgot how much I loved this book, until I recently came across it again. If you're looking for a quick read that will inspire you, check it out!

This is one of my favorite quotes from the book:

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” 

So true. I can't tell you how many times I didn't do something because I was afraid to fail. I do think the FEAR itself is worse than any FAILURE. 


Listen to your heart, follow your dreams, LIVE IN THE MOMENT. Life can get busy and we tend to lose sight of what is important. I've always liked the idea of thinking about life as a journey, not a destination. Don't get caught up in telling yourself "I'll be happy when...". Just BE.

BE PRESENT.

Here are a few more of my favorite quotes from the book:

“Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.” 

“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.” 

“I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.” 

“The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment