Friday, February 22, 2013

Wherever you go, there you are

Some of the most transformative times in my life have been the ones where I have been pushed against the wall. Due to illness, adversity, and pain I was forced to confront myself and the internal contradictions I was holding that led to the creation of these situations.  These moments were a blessing because life was giving me the opportunity to open up and become larger than I was before.  The more I opened up and took the challenge the deeper I went into myself becoming more whole as different aspects of myself revealed themselves.  I take this wisdom into my Pilates practice and let it inform the way that I move.  Right now I am working on effortlessness, flow, integration and how to find those aspects in the midst of intensity, strength and endurance.  Let your movement practice be a reflection of where you are in life and you will forever exist in wonder and curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment