Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Minutiae of Pilates

http://www.cinematicminutiae.com/2011/10/15/growing-up-female-3/
One aspect I enjoy about my Pilates practice is when an instructor can help me find a precise or small adjustment in my movement that increases the efficiency and the challenge of the exercise.   I've been working with Annie for a few months and she has the skill to help me find the minutiae in the movements!

You have probably heard the phrase, "Football is a game of inches," played on a field 100 yards long.  Pilates is a practice of minutiae within larger movements.  The mind-body connection is critical and staying open to "feeling" the minutiae while you work can make the practice better for you.

You will gain strength in those smaller stabilizing muscles around your spine, shoulders, and hips and feel the results spread throughout your body!  Stay open.  Be present.  Enjoy the movements.  Your instructor will help you find the minutiae of pilates.  It's worth the effort.  I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment