Thursday, March 14, 2013

Swiss Chard!

I echo Allison's post about spring produce coming and one of my favorites is swiss chard.  Tuesday I made a light swiss chard frittata using a recipe from Skinnytaste.com.  I've made a few of the recipes from this blog and each one has been delicious.   Check it out.

Swiss chard isn't in season in our region but it is coming.  I'm certain the farmer I buy my chard from has sprouts shooting up in her green house as I am writing this!

One ingredient of building and keeping a healthy body is eating food that is from the earth and everything on the ingredient list is easily pronounced.   Michael Pollan suggests in his book, The Omnivore's Dilemma, that you eat purchased foods with no more than 5 ingredients on the list.  (Read the list of your next protein bar.)

Be healthy and think Spring!








No comments:

Post a Comment