Thursday, January 16, 2014

Noises Off!

In my household there is a divide in thinking concerning ambient noise.  I am of the 'quiet is best' school of thought, while my significant other prefers to have background noise at all times.  Luckily we are able to compromise peacefully most of the time, but our discussions sometimes get me thinking about just how much noise we accept as 'normal' in our everyday lives.  I really enjoy the times I'm able to completely unplug and find some quiet in my life, and now I have some science to back up my gut feeling that these are valuable and recharging periods.  Here's an article I found that highlights some of the dangers of excessive noise in our lives.  How do you feel about noise?  Is silence golden, or does some background music help you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment