Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Asymmetry getting you down?



Hi everyone, Allison here.  Many of you might know that I suffered from chronic lower back pain for many years before becoming a Pilates Instructor.  I'm happy to tell you all that I'm now pain free, but my journey to get here taught me a lot about what caused my pain - an asymmetry in my body. 

Have you ever wondered why one side of your body might seem tighter, shorter, or stronger than the other side?  Or perhaps one pant leg just always seems longer than the other?  Or maybe you just have a REALLY hard time doing Side Overs on the left side?  Well, perhaps you have an asymmetry too.  

The best part of Pilates for me was that it COMPLETELY alleviated my pain and has made me a much happier person.  And there were no pills or shots involved!

If you're curious about postural asymmetry here's a link for more information: http://www.centerworks.com/posture-structural-spine-support-for-whole-body-health/#more-3259


No comments:

Post a Comment